Teachers of the Department conduct research, scientific-methodological and educational work at a high level. The area of scientific interests of teachers of the Department is very diverse:
- combinatorial theory of Lie algebras, in particular, algorithmic questions of the theory of face and associative algebras: conditions for the existence of nontrivial solutions of equations over free Lie algebras;
- information technologies in teaching mathematics;
- multidimensional problems for models of relaxation filtration in a relaxation-compressible porous medium carried out according to the linear Darcy law;
- some problems of financial mathematics.
Teachers of the Department actively participate in national and international scientific-theoretical and scientific-practical conferences, publish the results of their scientific works in national and international periodicals. For many years the Department cooperates with the City centre "Daryn", Regional scientific-practical center "Kostanay Daryny", as well as the teachers of the Department are permanent members of the jury of the city, regional Olympiads on mathematics, KNOW.
One of the most important tasks facing the Department is to improve the quality of professional training of specialists. The successful solution of this problem is facilitated by the continuous improvement of the professional level of teachers, the successful introduction of innovative technologies in the learning process. For this purpose, scientific personnel are trained in the leading research centers of the country. Considerable attention is paid to the level of graduates.
Teachers of the Department conduct active research work in the framework of dissertation research:
- Alimbaev Alibek Alpysbaevich on "Automorphisms of a free nonassociative algebra over Euclidean rings»;
- Berdenova Gulnar Zhalgasovna on " Spectral properties of differential operators in the space of vector functions»;
- Raisova Gulshat Tleubayevna on the topic "Formation of future mathematics teachers' readiness for constructive group interaction in the process of professional training at the University»;
- Fazylova Aigul Abdulgalimovna on the topic "Formation of future mathematics teachers' readiness to develop mathematical thinking of students in the electronic educational environment of the University".