The Department conducts research in the following areas:
- Intelligent control systems and regulation of technological processes.
- Fundamental and applied problems of higher mathematics.
- Formation of professional competence of future computer science teachers; development of electronic manuals with multimedia elements; formation of information competence of teachers.
Staff of the Department in the competition for grant financing of scientific researches of Committee of science of RK submitted 4 projects on the following topics:
- Development of technologies of the noospheric integration of modern science and humanitarian knowledge through large-scale intelligent systems;
- development of systems using General-purpose non-graphical computing technology GPGPU, through the use of software and hardware computing architecture NVIDIA CUDA, in the context of creating intelligent systems and a new generation of intelligent robotic systems;
- Innovative social service "Sourceserver" for people with hearing impairment.
- Construction of almost many periodic solutions of some evolutionary equations by the shortening method.
In the contest of the Committee of science MES RK has won grant funding of scientific research 2 project "Social innovation service "Sourceserver" for people with hearing impairment and Development of systems using the technology of non-graphical calculations of General purpose computing through the use of hardware and computing architecture NVIDIA CUDA, in the context of building intelligent systems and a new generation of intelligent robotic systems". Work is underway to implement these projects and all the necessary equipment has already been purchased.